Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hurt, Healing, and Hope.

What a wonderful semester I've had so far!
  • Emily and I put on a fun Valentine's Day concert (with a beautiful reception, thanks to her lovely mother).
  • I completed my senior recital with long-time friend Diana. (I couldn't have been more proud; it went smashingly!)
  • I embarked upon my 10th and last tour with the Women's Concert Choir and got to see grandparents and other relatives, my own family, and New York City.
  • I have some exciting possibilities on the horizon, as well as plans to live and work in Chicago after graduation. .....Which, incidentally, is in 52 days!

I have only 52 days left to enjoy what I have so appreciated these past four years. I'm ready to move on, but so grateful for my experience at Moody Bible Institute.

Here's a part of what is going through my mind as I count down to graduation:

I don't recognize the girl who came in as a freshman in 2010. Starting a new phase in my life unlocked a lot of problems lying dormant in my heart. I spent the first year getting used to things, and the second....well...
messing everything up.

Unhealthy patterns in my life regarding relationships had remained unchecked and caused permanent damage to myself and those around me--enough that I went to counseling and spent every day of the spring semester depressed and struggling. I changed floors, but that summer, God changed my life.

Returning for my junior year, it was my choir friends (two of those being my best friends) that made me feel at home again. I started afresh, knowing that I could put things behind me with God's help.

I was afraid to start new friendships, but the Lord placed the right people in my life at the right time. I have to express how incredibly grateful I am for that. You know who you are. ;)

Where I am now:
Delighted to be moving on to post-college life.
Healed completely from my past hurts.
Confident that my small group of best friends are ones I'll keep for life.

Undeterred from my purpose to serve the Lord however He guides me! I am filled with hope for the future with my Savior walking beside me.

1 John 3:2-3

Peace and blessings,

Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment