On the way back to my room from the Student Dining Room (SDR), I was thinking about everything that's happened recently and my face uncontrollably burst into a huge smile. I must have looked ridiculous grinning to myself, which is why I tried to keep my face straight as I turned a corner.
When everyone returns to campus for the fall semester, the number one question is: "How was your summer?" And my answer was always: "Not so good. But it was good to be home." Since the conventional answer is "Good!" or "Awesome! I went on a missions trip to ______!" or "Great! I spent all summer counseling at a camp!", I took a few people by surprise. When asked why it wasn't so good, I told them how I had looked for a job all summer and never found one. Everyone understands. A lot of Moody students attend here by faith year by year, semester by semester, or even month by month.
Even though summer was a little rough, I grew in trusting God with the future. He was so faithful to send me little reminders of His faithfulness, and when I got to school, He kept giving them.
Three weeks into classes, a friend told me about an accompanist position at her home church in the suburbs. In two days, I had met with for the worship pastor and was offered the job. It takes me over an hour each way; I take the L, walk seven blocks, and ride the Metra for 50 minutes. On Thursday, I take the train out, get picked up, go to choir practice, and get picked up again by my friend's parents. The next morning, I take the 9:20 Metra back into Chicago and get back to school around 10:30-11:00 in time for my 12pm class. Saturday afternoon, I do it all again and return the next afternoon after playing for both services with Sunday school in between. But I don't mind. I get to get off campus and it's helping pay for school! God didn't have to answer my prayer so quickly or with such a perfect job, but He did!
Well, I've done my homework for the evening, so I'm going to jump into my huge bed in the guest room upstairs. I've got a train to catch tomorrow.
"But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you." ~ 1 Samuel 12:24
Thanks for sharing. :) We all need these reminders of God's providence, especially in the hard times.
ReplyDelete