Friday, September 10, 2010

Life is good. Really good.

Monday, August 30th

Today I started to get more stressed out with everything. I also kicked myself for forgetting my ID when I went to choir practice. It was fine, but I was just mad that I forgot. I didn’t realize how down I looked until two people asked me if I was okay multiple times. Then Krista, one of our executive members, did our weekly devotion tonight instead of on Thursday. What she said was exactly what I needed to hear. She reminded us that we have victory in Jesus. Not only does that mean we’ll spend eternity with God, but He came so we “may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10 NIV) Life to the full—that’s right now. We have victory over ourselves in Him now. He died so those angry and self-centered thoughts didn’t have to be a part of us. The way Krista expresses herself through the Holy Spirit is so beautiful. It helped me get my mind back in the right place.

Thursday, September 2nd

I just got back from our first official WCC bell practice. It went really well and I’m excited for the difficult pieces we’re playing this year. Ringing is more complicated than I realized. I have four bells and four chimes but I’m really starting to get the hang of it.

Tonight I happen to have no pressing homework! So I’m going to hop on over to Doane (the music building) and practice piano. I have a lot of things to think about and work on. Dr. Lee is an amazing instructor (he did graduate with his doctorate in musical arts from Julliard. You can read his bio at: http://brianleepianist.com/home.html/ ) It’s really different for me to have a new teacher since I’ve only had two my whole life. He’s asking me to change things I never thought I’d have to change! But I know he’ll push me and help me improve a lot.

Please pray for me as homework starts picking up!

Thursday, September 9th

I Love 3 West!!!

I’m in love with my floor. These girls are so amazing. We have so much fun together. Like tonight, we hung out in our RA’s room eating pita and hummus and talking. Last night, we had a girl's night out at the Cheesecake Factory for Kasey's birthday. At night there are usually screams and giggles often coming from the direction of Rachael and Charissa’s room. The other night it was Rachael attacking Charissa with a giant hairball she collected from their dorm floor. xP Gross. Other night sounds include Elise tapping out a message to me on the wall and Lulu playing her harp. The other night I went to Emily’s room and read on her floor. I like hanging out with Emily. She likes to say “It’s a good thing I like you, kid.” Haha! =) She makes me laugh and gives me hugs. I love her. =)
I want to keep going on about everything I love here, but since I’m done with homework for tonight, I’m going to spend some time with God and go to bed.


L to R: Kasey, Rachael, Charissa, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment